Thursday, April 19, 2012

I'm dreaming of the end of the semester

... which is weird, because it's over.

The past two nights I've had those horrible kinds of dreams where you have to do something monumental, but you waited until the last minute, and it's just a strugglefest until you wake up and realize that you don't have to do that at all and don't need to be stressed out about it.

It's weird.



Two nights ago, I had a dream that we were packing to leave Moore Haus (wait, I did that like a week ago...). So I procrastinated on putting my whole life in two suitcases until the last moment, as per usual in dreams like this. One by one my roommates (not actual roommates from Moore Haus... nor was this my actual room in Moore Haus) went to sleep, and I was still packing in the dark, calculating how much I had left to do and at what point I could stop, how much I could leave unpacked until the morning of our departure. In the dream, we had to board the bus to Frankfurt Airport at 7 am (which is actually much more reasonable than our actual bus-boarding time, 5:45 am). So I set my alarm for a few hours before 7. The next morning (dream morning, not real morning) I woke up and played card games and talked with people, then thought "Oh yeah! I need to pack because we're leaving this country soon!" Then I looked at the clock to see how much time I had left, and it was 8:15. When I finally woke up for real, I could relax because I realized I was at home in my own room and my packing/departure was already over and done with (although my unpacking is still a completely different story).

Last night I had another end of the semester dream. This time it was a final. As we were walking into the classroom, I realized that I probably should have studied more, because I had completely blown off putting any work into it since it was the last final. We were seated and given the tests... I believe it was some sort of foreign language test. The girl next to me would not stop talking during the test and I could not concentrate for the life of me. I moved seats and was able to concentrate more, but then I realized the test was multiple pages long and required me to translate entire sentences from multiple texts we had read. I started stressing because I hadn't memorized the texts, so I didn't know what to do (this doesn't exactly make sense in real life, but whatever...dreams never make sense once you look bring them to the waking world). After I called over the teacher, she told me that the texts were in the study guide and we were supposed to bring them along. Of course, I had forgotten to do so. So then I stressed that I would not have enough time to complete this impossible test. And once again, I woke up realizing that the semester was over and I didn't have to worry about these things anymore.

I find it strange that I've been having these stress-filled dreams, because I'm not currently stressed in waking life. So it doesn't make sense that my dreams are so rushed and traumatic when that's the opposite of what I'm actually thinking and feeling. Any dream interpreters out there who can shed some light on the situation? Anyway, maybe now that I've brought it out into the open I'll dream about something else tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment