Thursday, April 19, 2012

Lately

Lately I've been feeling a lot like writing. The issue with this, though, is that my moments of inspiration and the days in which I have time to write never seem to overlap. Although I've been home for a little over a week now and certainly have had plenty of time to write, any concrete ideas have been nowhere to be found, and if I have the inclination at all to write, all I can muster are vague, wispy clouds of ideas that don't materialize into anything more than a sentence fragment (we'll just blame it on the jet lag...).

Now that I'm starting to get into my own kind of new routine back at home, settling in, and getting over jet lag, I finally have inspiration teasing me with ideas I can't wait to write about. Of course, I need to let them stew in my brain a little to make sure I know how I want the whole story to play out (or really, how I even want the opening scene to play out...), but I'm thankful that I finally have some productive thoughts that I want to follow through to completion, that I actually WANT to sit and think about nothing but my story. FINALLY!

Of course, one cannot ride on the excitement of a first snippet of inspiration forever... I found this blog post to be stock full of good advice for gathering ideas for a story. I might try some of these for my next story, or even for this current one when the going gets tough.

Also, on a slightly related note, I highly suggest the aforementioned blog to any aspiring writers. The advice is so relevant and, well, for lack of a better word, good. If you ever want to make your story perfect (well, as close to perfect as anything human-made can ever be) in every detail, follow this advice.

Anyway, enough of this for now. I have go feed my creativity :) Happy writing, reading, or whatever else you choose to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment